Tuesday 9 October 2012

Bollywood Remakes : What's The Point?

Last week I watched the Hollywood film 'Identity'. Yes it's an old one, but I never really got around to watching it before and only just got the chance when a friend let me borrow her DVD. Ok so the movie was amazing, but midway through it, a particular scene made me think I'd seen it before and that's when it clicked. I'd definitely seen it before, except that it was an Indian version. It makes me angry. Why does Bollywood remake all the amazing Hollywood movies? I mean, Bollywood's pretty huge and I'm sure they have the capacity to make good,original movies. I've watched a lot of their originals and I absolutely loved them. Then why is it that almost every new Indian movie is a remake of a Hollywood one? Bollywood needs to stop with the remakes and go back to making awesome original movies. Till then, I am definitely not watching any more Bollywood movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment