Monday 3 September 2012

Karachi, the city of lights?

Karachi, to many  is known as the city of lights. But is it really? Everyday, on every news channel, all we expect to see is news about another incident of target killings, bomb blasts, security threats and such. A city that never sleeps, Karachi's hustle bustle is a part of our lives, something that we are used to and many even adore. But this year things seem to have gone from bad to worse. What surprised me the most was how malls and shopping centers weren't even half as crowded as they usually are, as the last few days of Ramadan approach. Why? Why is it that we were now afraid to even step out of our homes and walk or drive around the streets that we love. Why do we wish to leave this place that we all once loved? My heart cries every time I hear about these senseless killings but I feel like I'm gradually becoming insensitive, as if all hope is fading and there is nothing I can do but accept the situation and spend my days in fear of what will happen next. All I can do is pray. I really hope that this stops, all Pakistanis do. Hopefully, very soon my beloved city, infact my beloved country, will become the peaceful state it is meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment